We have a long history of community service, actively participating in numerous organizations, demonstrating our commitment to serving our community.
When the business started, the Livingston brothers were the only employees. They moved their business from Harvard in 1904 to 431 W. Second St. In 1945, the original owners retired. Don Butler and his brother, Floyd, purchased the home, making it Livingston-Butler Funeral Home.
In 1951, Livingston-Butler merged with Volland Funeral Home, which had been in Hastings since 1913. The Livingston-Butler-Volland Funeral Home was moved to the Volland location at Fifth Street and Lincoln Avenue. Then the firm was moved to its present location in 1981. In January of 2000 a Visitation Chapel was opened in Doniphan, Nebraska to serve the area residents.
The business now is owned and operated by Don and Floyd Butlers’ sons, Larry D. and Michael G. Butler. Michael’s son, John M.G. Butler, currently is the third generation Butler to be affiliated with the firm.
Butler - Volland has a long history of community service with its owners and employees actively participating in numerous civic, fraternal, and religious organizations. The affiliation with these groups demonstrates their commitment to serving the community and its residents.
Butler-Volland Cremation Center is a full service cremation center located at 2416 Osborne Drive East in Hastings, Nebraska. In addition to housing a state-or-the-art crematorium, our facility has everything that’s needed to fully create customized funeral services within the realm of dignity and decency. This includes a tranquil viewing area, a comfortable reception room that can host intimate services for smaller groups, and a full homelike kitchen.
Fully-licensed and regulated We are licensed by the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality and the Nebraska Health Department under Crematories. We are also a member of the Cremation Association of North America.
History Butler-Volland Cremation Center is a division of Livingston-Butler-Volland Funeral Home. Built in 2006, this cremation center is a natural extension of our desire to meet the needs of all the people we serve.
Our origins go back over 100 years. In 1904, the Livingston brothers moved their funeral home business from Harvard, Nebraska to 431 West Second Street in Hastings, Nebraska. In 1945, the original owners retired and brothers Don and Floyd Butler purchased the home, making it Livingston-Butler Funeral Home.
In 1951, Livingston-Butler merged with Volland Funeral Home, which had been in Hastings since 1913. The new business moved to the corner of Fifth Street and Lincoln Avenue and then moved to its present location at 1225 North Elm Avenue in 1981. In 2000, a Visitation Chapel was opened in Doniphan, Nebraska to serve area residents.
Don and Floyd's sons, Larry D. and Michael G. Butler, owned and operated Livingston-Butler until Larry retired in 2004. Presently, ownership includes the third generation of the Butler family. With our long history of community service and the active participation of our owners and employees in numerous civic, fraternal and religious organizations, Livingston-Butler-Volland Funeral Home demonstrates a true commitment to the serving the community and its residents.
Funeral pre-arrangement coordinator, Nicki Butler is available to help you with your cremation pre-arrangements. Just contact her at email@example.com or view the Livingston-Butler-Volland Funeral Home site for more information.