Our origins go back over 100 years, the Livingston brothers were the only employees. They moved their business from Harvard on January, 1st, 1904 to 431 W. Second St. In 1945, the original owners retired. Don Butler and his brother, Floyd, purchased the home, making it Livingston-Butler Funeral Home.
In 1951, Livingston-Butler merged with Volland Funeral Home, which had been in Hastings since 1913. The Livingston-Butler-Volland Funeral Home was moved to the Volland location at Fifth Street and Lincoln Avenue. Then the firm was moved to its present location in 1981.
Don and Floyd's sons, Larry D. and Michael G. Butler, owned and operated Livingston-Butler until Larry retired in 2004. Presently, ownership includes the third generation of the Butler family, Michael's son John M.G. Butler. With our long history of community service and the active participation of our owners and employees in numerous civic, fraternal and religious organizations, Livingston-Butler-Volland Funeral Home demonstrates a true commitment to the serving the community and its residents.